You’ve seen her before— that mom. The one struggling in the airport security line as she unloads a small U-Haul worth of baby stuff. The one who pulls up next to you in the hotel parking lot, who needs a separate mini-van just for all her “portable” baby supplies.
That mom bought the bassinets that claimed to be portable, but really aren’t. You don’t want to be that mom! That’s why I’ve created this handy little guide of the best portable bassinets of 2018 to help you find the perfect one to fit your needs.
CHOOSING YOUR PORTABLE BASSINET
If you’re not totally sure what you’re looking for, we’ve got you covered! Don’t just take our word for it; try this guide within a guide to determine your perfect bassinet yourself. All babies are different and so are every family’s needs, so don’t feel pressured to stick with the latest, trendiest pick. Each bassinet on this list has been rated according to the following so you can find what’s best for you.
If you and your baby are constantly on the go, what your bassinet does might be more important than price, aesthetic, or assembly. As much as you’re going to be using this thing, you want it to really work, so you might be looking for more info on how the bassinet performs on a daily basis.
If your nursery has a certain vibe, we get it—that’s one stylish baby you’re raising there! You’re definitely interested in things like durability and function, but is it too much to ask for the bassinet to match your theme? We don’t think so, and that’s why we’ve included some ultra-stylish picks.
Having a baby is totally not a cheap investment, especially if you’re looking for high quality stuff. But who says you have to choose? That’s why we did the hard work for you! Everything you see on this list is also rated according to price so you get the best value for your money.
OUR TOP 10 PICKS: Best Portable Bassinets Reviews
This bassinet is about to become your new best friend. Seriously. Although some products have awesome functions but aren’t that great on style or price, this one covers every category. Here’s why:
- It can be assembled—and broken down—within
- No bulky transportation here! This little guy comes with its own over-the-shoulder travel bag, perfect for a plane ride or a day out!
- It’s machine washable. (Wow!)
- It’s super light-weight. Like, really, you won’t believe it.
- But it manages to be light without being flimsy because of its anti-slip feet!
- It comes in an adorable shade of lavender (or chestnut, if you want a more classic look).
- This bassinet folds by breaking in half. When you put it back together, there’s a little lumpy ridge in the middle, kind of like a folding sofa. That ridge probably won’t be uncomfortable, and it’s worth the inconvenience if you’re really looking for easy set-up. But while that may be a perk for some, we’re aware that it might be annoying for others, so if extra special comfort is a high priority for you, it’s something to consider.
Can it get even better? Actually, it can. If your baby has a special song they need to go to sleep, forget fumbling with Spotify at 2am—this bassinet comes with built-in Bluetooth so you can remotely set your music on repeat! And because high-tech bassinets are just the coolest, it also has a night-light and air-temperature gauge. (Are you drooling yet?) If not, just take a look at its other features:
- It comes in sleek, stylish grey (and other colors). Hello, five-star style!
- Its super-simple folding design is guaranteed to remove stress from your travel routine
- It even comes equipped with a range of soothing night sounds (OMG!)
- We really love the breathable mesh sides and washable sheets
- It can hold up to 20 pounds without looking (or feeling) bulky
- Finding anything negative about this one is hard, but if we had to choose, we’d have to confess that it doesn’t have any storage capabilities. That’s it. That’s the only flaw we can find.
It’s kind of hard to talk about portable bassinets without at least mentioning the Pack ‘N Play. (I mean, that awesome portability factor is right there in the name!) But if you’re not familiar with all the hype surrounding Pack ‘N Plays, check out these reasons to fall in love:
- It comes with a reversible napper/changer attachment, so not only do you have a portable bassinet, you’ve got a changing table too! How awesome is that??
- The napper/changer is machine-washable and can be wiped down with most baby wipes, so cleaning is a snap
- It can be snapped into place with a handy little button on each side
- The adjustable napper is raised, so your baby is safely out of trouble (and easily reached from bed)
- Between the bassinet, changer, and travel crib components, it’s pretty much an all-in-one nursery
- Yay! It’s an all-in-one nursery! …Unfortunately, it’s also as heavy as one.
- The lightest version is 20lbs, but they can go as heavy as 30
- We love Pack ‘N Play, but we’d love them even more if their combo products were a little lighter. So, a word to the mom traveling on her own: this might not be for you if you’re looking for something super light and hands-free.
If you’re looking for a less-bulky alternative to the Pack ‘N Play, then you’re going to love the Stow ‘N Go! Although it might not be the most stylish pick ever, it more than makes up for it in features and functionality. But don’t take my word for it—just look at what it does!
- Portable is this little guy’s middle name. Seriously. It only weighs 11.5 pounds, and— like the Lullago—comes with an over-the-shoulder transport bag for easy travel
- It comes with a battery-powered vibration feature to help soothe baby to sleep!
- It can accommodate babies up to 20lbs, so you can use it for a while
- Mesh sides are great for easy cleaning
- It has a super soft, flat mattress (read: no weird mattress lumps or ridges)
- The style factor is pretty… meh. Try telling your friends you were going for a minimalist aesthetic?
- No storage compartment.
If you’ve already got a clue why we love this one, you’re spot on! Yes, it folds and rocks! And that’s what makes it unique compared to every other bassinet on this list. Because while others might wow you with their style or techy perks, at the end of the (long, hard travel) day, it’s pretty tough to beat a portable bassinet that will help rock the baby for you. Oh, but wait—it does even more.
- It folds super easily
- The legs adjust easily from standing mode to rocking mode without creating any extra bulk
- It rocks! (See what we did there?)
- It’s really light for something that comes with rotating legs and a rocking feature
- Unlike some of the others, it really does have a chic minimalist vibe
- It doesn’t come with a travel bag, but it folds up so compactly you could probably find one to slide it in anyway
- It only holds babies up to 15lbs, so it may not be great for the long term
If you have a finicky baby that can only sleep in certain positions, meet your new life-saver. The go-to for every mom’s traveling nightmare, this one is perfect because the mattress has an incline! If that doesn’t have you sold already, just keep reading. Yes, it really can get cooler.
- It also rocks back and forth!
- Super-fast set-up
- No, it’s not the most stylish model ever
- It doesn’t offer a lot of color variety. But really, that’s all we’ve got to complain about. Otherwise, it’s pretty great.
If you’re raising a future fashionista, it really doesn’t get much better. This adorable bassinet not only comes in a wide range of stylish shades, it’s also:
- Super flexible
- Comes with a storage compartment (finally!)
- Is made of solid, sturdy aluminum
- Has a double canopy that’s more than aesthetically pleasing—it can also be a useful sunshade and bug-blocker!
Although we were hard-pressed to find any complaints about this one, you should know that:
- It doesn’t offer gender-neutral colors
- Doesn’t rock, vibrate, or come with any neat techy features
- The mattress is just a tad short
You know those really adorable, old-school bassinets? The kinds they have in black and white movies, with the long, lacy covers and the cute little canopies? (You’ve probably also noticed that the babies in those movies sleep like perfect little angels too…) While we can’t promise that, we can say with confidence that this bassinet from Badger Basket will definitely give you that dreamy, vintage feel.
- It’s rockable!
- It doesn’t just have a storage compartment… it has a cute little wooden toy box, decorated with hearts!
- The wheels flip up and… voila! It’s transformed into a cradle.
- Have we mentioned it’s ridiculously adorable??
- It comes in pink, blue, and gender-neutral sage (but thankfully, they all have ruffles)
- It’s only $100.00 for all that cute.
- Sadly, this is not the most portable bassinet ever.
- You’re definitely going to be that mom if you try to lug it through the airport
- However, you can easily wheel it through the house, so if you’re looking for an easily portable bassinet at home, this is the one for you!
And while we’re thinking of glamorous vibes, this bassinet is fit for a Disney princess, with ruffles and canopies galore! And if you think it’s adorable in white, wait till you see the pink, blue, and coral versions!
- If your nursery aesthetic is fairytale-themed, you just found your 5-star style.
- It has a storage compartment (Yay!)
- It’s just so darn cute.
- At $47.00, it’s a steal.
- Like the Badger Basket, it’s only portable at home.
- It doesn’t actually collapse at all, so good luck traveling with it.
- It can only hold up to 10lbs, so you’ll only be able to cling to that certain aesthetic so long
The Big Oshi is kind of the ultimate in portability, with a special, durable fabric that makes it perfect for chilling around the house or an afternoon in the backyard. The canopy also acts as mosquito netting to protect baby when you’re outside.
- It’s ultra-lightweight for easy assembly (and easy lugging on vacation, camping trips, etc.)
- That anti-bug canopy also provides handy air circulation to keep baby’s air safe, clean, and free of pests
- The mesh material is really easy to clean
- It’s surprisingly light and foldable, given its 100% wood base
- It’s one of the lowest prices, at only $60.00
- Comfortably holds up to 18lbs
- It doesn’t rock
- The bed length is a little short, so baby may outgrow it soon
Well, that’s all, folks! Finding a portable bassinet can be tricky, but it’s our hope that having someone else review and research them can make your job a little easier. After all, taking care of a baby is a full-time job in and of itself! You deserve to have something easy!